Dr. Agnieszka Nocuń MD, PhD
At present: Head of the Diagnostic Centre “MWU DOBREUSG” in Krakow, Poland; A consultant in the areas of OB/GYN ultrasound, congenital defects in the fetus, ultrasound in oncogynecology, gynecologic ultrasound in children and adolescents, as well as ultrasound-guided procedures offered by “USG-MWU DOBREUSG Marcin Wiechec Agnieszka Nocun Partnership Co.“ academic achievements:
- altogether, 58 publications, including: author/co-author of 5 chapters in textbooks, 15 original papers; 5 review articles; 2 case studies. Impact Factor =33.65 (KBN/MNiSW – 565 points); No. of citing articles: 127; Citing Hisch Index: 7 (WoS); 10 (Google Scholar). Publication details: ORCID , Pubmed.
- PhD degree (received a doctoral dissertation award from the Jagiellonian University: “Application of two- and three-dimensional ultrasound in the assessment of endometrial cancer”);
- graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of the Jagiellonian University in 2005;
- obstetrics and gynecology specialist;
- holds certificates of competence in:
- Medical Ultrasound in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Prenatal Diagnostics issued by the Polish Ultrasound Society;
- First Trimester Screening Scan between 11-13+6 weeks – for estimating the risk of chromosomal aberrations, preeclapsia and intrauterine growth restriction, Fetal Medicine Foundation (completed following parameteres: nuchal translucency, nasal bone, tricuspid flow, ductus venosus, fronto-maxillary facial angle, uterine arteries flow velocimetry);
- invasive pocedures in pregnancy, Fetal Medicine Foundation;
- fetal abnormalities in the 2nd trimester, Fetal Medicine Foundation;
- Fetal Doppler ultrasound issued by the Fetal Medicine Foundation;
- Cervical assessment issued by the Fetal Medicine Foundation;
- obtained maximum score for The International Ovarian Tumor Analysis (IOTA) Group Certificate for pelvic masses (listed in the IOTA Hall of Fame).
- served observerships/internships in ultrasound diagnostics at:
- Bielański Hospital in Warsaw;
- Professor Witold Orłowski Independent Public Clinical Hospital in Warsaw;
- Individual Medical Practice Marcin Wiecheć in Krakow;
- an observer at the Center for Fetal Care, Imperial College Healthcare in London
- completed following courses in the field of ultrasound:
- Course: Congenital Anomalies and Fetal Echocardiography – International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG), London
- Ultrasound in Gynecology – a course within 18. International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology World Congress (ISUOG 2008), Chicago, United States
- Fetal Neurosonography – a course within 17. International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology World Congress (ISUOG 2007), Florence, Italy;
- Fetal Heart. Normal characteristics and congenital defects; Fetal Medicine Foundation Theoretical Course (first trimester) within conference “New trends in Prenatal Diagnostics”, Olomouc, Czech Republic;
- Fetal Medicine Foundation Theoretical Course (the 18-23 weeks scan), Cervical assessment during pregnancy; maternal and Fetal Doppler; fetal therapy; Pilsen, Czech Republic;
- Ultrasound Diagnostics in Obstetrics and Gynecology – Roztoczańska School of Ultrasound;
- Fetal Echocardiography– Mazowiecka School of Ultrasound.
- teaching experience
- since 2011: a co-founder and lecturer at MWU Workshops in Ultrasound;
- since 2010: a Director of courses on 3D ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology and Board Member at Roztoczańska School of Ultrasound;
- a lecturer during two editions of Constanta Ultrasound Academy 2014, 2016;
- a lecturer at 3D ultrasound course, Opatija, Croatia, 2012;
- a lecturer at 3D ultrasound course, Fargo, USA, 2011;
- took an active part in world congresses on ultrasound:
- World Congresses on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology organized in Florence, Chicago, Hamburg, Barcelona, Montreal, Sydney and Rome by the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG);
- the main author of a whitepaper: A.Nocuń, M.Wiecheć „Application of transabdominal STIC color in the first trimester” Volusonclub White Paper Collection 2010, General Electric Company, Solingen, Germany: 51-57.
- coauthor of educational ultrasound posters together with Holbex company, which were distributed free-of-charge to local OB/GYN specialists – an edition of 1,500 copies concerning:
- an early fetal anomaly screening (11+0-13+6) – (2013);
- second trimester fetal anomaly scan (2014);
- consultant of the 3D-printing project for prenatal assessment of Congenital Heart Disease, MWU 3D Models, Krakow, Poland.
Membership in Chambers of Physicians and Medical Societies:
- member of the Regional Medical Chamber in Kraków,
- member of the Polish Ultrasound Society,
- member of the Polish Society of Gynecology,
- member of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology,
Clinical interests: ultrasound in gynecology and obstetrics, ultrasound-guided procedures – chorionic villus sampling, amniocentesis, fetal blood sampling.